Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Advice request : simultaneous function/data updates on many databases

On 3/4/20 2:42 PM, Guyren Howe wrote:
On Mar 4, 2020, at 14:33 , Rory Campbell-Lange <rory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Essentially we wish to reduce the window where the frontend and backend
aren't synchronised.

If we have (for example) 200 databases which each take 2 seconds to
update, a client could be on the wrong frontend code for over 6 minutes.

Send each of the servers a PL/PGSQL method that executes all the things in a transaction and then waits until the same clock time to commit.

How do you know what the clock time will be?

Then all the servers are committing at the same moment. They will still be out of synch somewhat, but this would reduce the degree.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx