Search Postgresql Archives

backup broken

Hello,

my pg_backup_rotated.sh script ran fine since Dec 20 and after rebuild the
slave now it's broken and I do not know why.  I can run pg_dumpall >
/tmp_all_db_backup.sql but not from the script. From the log its pg_dumall:
could not connect to database "template1": FATAL: Ident authentication
failed for user "postgres".  I tried to reset postgres in psql as "alter
user postgres with PASSWORD 'xxxxx'; (as same as the old one and the
postgres os).
I run pg_backup_rotated.sh as postgres and it promp me for the password and
then password for user postges and repeat it again and again until all the
databases backup.

>From the script it gives me pg_dumpall: could not connect to database
"template1": FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres" and
even I run the script as root, it prompted me for password,
it gives me pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL:
password authentication failed for user "postgres"

Typically, I make a backup based on the current day, and rotate the seven
days in the backup file name, all successful until Feb 19.

How can I resolve this issue? Any good backup tips I should be aware of.

Thanks for all the tips

Bach-Nga

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html