Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 1 Status of vertical clustered index - 2 Join using (fk_constraint) suggestion - 3 Status of pgsql's parser autonomization

Thank you will look into it!
I'm not really sure what's the point / benefit here. Initially it seemed
you simply propose a syntax saying "do a join using the columns in the
FK constraint" but it's unclear to me how this implies any writing
speedup?
This is exactly what I mean. If you know the fk_constraint (usually there are simple patterns) you are all set, or else... you could use a function fk(t, t2) to lookup pg_constraint, or even better / more bloat, have psql do autocompletion for you? Corner case multiple fks between t and t2.
'from t join t2 using(fk(t,t2))'
I have no idea what you mean by "less coupled" here. What are the
requirements / use cases you're thinking about?
A lot of external tools do query parsing or validation, I wish they could use the official parser as a dependency. AFAIK it is currently not the case and everyone is re-implementing its subpar parser.
FWIW I think it's pretty bad idea to post questions about three very
different topics into a single pgsql-hackers thread. That'll just lead
to a lot of confusion.

Right... I figured as a newcomer I would not spam the mailing list.
Best regards