Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Query returns no results until REINDEX

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 12:50 PM Colin Adler <colin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Looks like it found something. I checked out the contrib/pageinspect docs but
> wasn't too sure what to run. Are incompatible libc versions causing btree
> corruption something you consider a bug? If it's something you'd like to look
> into further I can gladly send over the database files.

No, this is not considered a bug.

It's unfortunate that there is no built in collation versioning
mechanism, or something like that -- that might have alerted you to
the problem before any real damage occurred. We have that for the ICU
collations, but it currently isn't possible to use ICU as the default
collation provider. You really have to go out of your way to use ICU
collations.

--
Peter Geoghegan