Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Performance Issue after upgrade from 9 to 11

On 1/29/20 1:58 PM, Perumal Raj wrote:
Hi Tom /Adrian,

Issue is not specific to a table or particular Query. Also there is no change in DB parameter after upgrade.

You obviously are seeing some difference, so pick a query and do an EXPLAIN ANALYZE on it. Without some actual performance data this issue is not going to be solved.

That the only way i can make it most of the the query to run as like before upgrade.

Note:
Some web reference says , Engine will take some time to adjust until it runs autovacuum .

The above assumes you have not done a manual ANALYZE on the database, as ANALYZE is done as part of autovacuum.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 10:22 AM Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Perumal Raj <perucinci@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:perucinci@xxxxxxxxx>> writes:
     > We have recently upgraded postgres from 9.2 to 11.6 and started
    seeing
     > performance issue immediately and  able to fix the performance
    issue after
     > disabling parameter: enable_seqscan.
     > Question :
     > Should i keep the above parameter always disabled ? If not why
    the behavior
     > changed in Higher version ?

    This is unanswerable with the amount of information you've given.
    Yes, turning off enable_seqscan is a bad idea in general, but why
    you got a worse plan without that requires details.

    https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slow_Query_Questions

                             regards, tom lane

--
Adrian Klaver