Search Postgresql Archives

Updating data: confirmation and question

Before my old server died I ran pg_dumpall on the database there and copied
that to my new server. The old database was postgresql-10 and the new one is
postgresql-11.5.

Am I correct that I can run 'pgsql -f <filename>.sql' and overwrite the
existing databases with the newer data?

Checking the database names in both I see that I mistakenly used hyphens
rather than underscores in one database name. I can change that in the .sql
file but have not before learned how/whether I can change a database name
using psql. What's the best approach to changing the existing hypephenated
name?

TIA,

Rich