Search Postgresql Archives

Declarative Range Partitioning Postgres 11

Hi,

I am trying to create a table in postgres 11 with timestamp column as  a partition key using  PARTITION BY RANGE (create_dtt). The table definition has also an id column which is a primary key.

ERROR:  insufficient columns in PRIMARY KEY constraint definition

DETAIL:  PRIMARY KEY constraint on table "audit_p" lacks column "create_dtt" which is part of the partition key.

I don’t want partition key column   : create_dtt  to part of composite primary key.  Is there any way I can create range partition on date column without including as part of primary key .

Please advise.

Thanks,

Shatamjeev