Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres 12: backend crashes when creating non-deterministic collation

Tom Lane schrieb am 04.10.2019 um 19:36:
Hm.  This trace says that the crash happened somewhere down inside ICU
itself, during the ucol_open() call in get_collation_actual_version().
There isn't much we could have done to mess up the arguments to that
function.  That would seem to mean that it's ICU's bug not ours.
Maybe another reason not to be using such an old ICU version :-(.

I would like to test this with a newer ICU version.

So I managed to setup the build environment with Visual Studio, but I can't figure out how to enable ICU for the build.

I created a config.pl to specify the location of the downloaded ICU libraries with the following content

    # Configuration arguments for vcbuild.
    use strict;
    use warnings;

    our $config = {
      icu       => "d:\Projects\postgres\libs\icu\lib64\"    # --with-icu=<path>
    };

The build is successful, but when I run "install targetfolder" no ICU libraries are included and pg_config only shows:

   CONFIGURE = --enable-thread-safety --with-ldap --without-zlib

I have no idea what I am missing.

I also tried building with Msys2 but even when I run configure with the --with-icu option, no ICU DLLs are copied

Regards
Thomas