Search Postgresql Archives

Web users as database users?

Hi - I’m working on a database that will be accessed via a web app. I’m used to a setup where there is one account/role that the app would use to access the database, but in my current scenario I’m interested in row level security and auditing enforced by the database. In this scenario, would it make sense to have a user account on the database to mirror the user account from the web app? Is that an unusual practice?