Search Postgresql Archives

Backup PostgreSQL from RDS straight to S3

Hi, folks -- I'm a longtime PostgreSQL user but a bit of a noob when it comes to maintenance. Question:

I'm running PostgreSQL 11 on Amazon RDS. Also have an EC2 box running Ubuntu that runs some Python scripts that collect data into PostgreSQL.

We're doing the standard RDS backups. However, I'd also like to do a nightly pg_dump and store that file on S3. Is there a way to go straight from RDS to S3 without having to download the dump file onto the EC2 box at any point? I want to avoid a scenario where the DB file fills the EC2 box's disk.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Anthony