Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Upgrade 96 -> 11

On 9/2/19 5:52 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

It's still creating the schema elements when it fails, it hasn't started linking yet

Alright at least you still a working 9.6 cluster .

Not sure where to go from here. Like you I am not sure how it can CREATE EXTENSION and not actually follow through on that. Especially with no errors for that operation. I'm going to have to think on this. Hopefully someone else has an idea on this and can chime in.

Aah. I don't have postgis installed, still:

pg_dump --binary-upgrade -s -d production -U postgres > production_binary.sql

-- For binary upgrade, create an empty extension and insert objects into it
DROP EXTENSION IF EXISTS tablefunc;
SELECT pg_catalog.binary_upgrade_create_empty_extension('tablefunc', 'public', true, '1.0', NULL, NULL, ARRAY[]::pg_catalog.text[]);

Try the above on your schema and see what you get.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx