Search Postgresql Archives

Re: psql \copy hanging

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 9:09 AM Arnaud L. <arnaud.listes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, so this was enough for last night's schedule to run without problem.
> I still don't get it so I'm not satisfied with this solution, but at
> least it works.
> I'll keep the list informed if something new arises.

I don't want to be pedantic, but I would have tried with a single
change at a time.
And my bet is: the local file would do the trick (i.e., it is a weird
share problem).

If you are going to invest some time, you could also try to write a
small file on the share just before the copy starts, so that you are
guaranteed the share is working. Something like:

echo $(date) >> $SHARE/log.txt
psql 'copy ...'
echo 'done' >> $SHARE/log.txt

Luca