Search Postgresql Archives

Re: BDR: moving a node

Am 25.08.19 um 18:11 schrieb E:
What is the process to update the DSN? I assume I'll have to relay the changes in my pg_hba.conf, but do not understand, and don't want to tinker, with BDR before obtaining some educated advice.

I apologize if my question comes across as dumb. I understand I have to update bdr.bdr_connections, but how, and what do I restart? What about the server that was moved, any updates needed there?

the safest way would be to part that node from the cluster and rejoin it afterwards.

You have (at least) to check all replication slots, please check also pg_replication_identifier (please use pg_replication_identifier_drop() to drop the node ) , bdr.bdr_nodes and bdr.bdr_connections. Please keep in mind, BDR version 1 will be out of support soon, and PG 9.4 as well. Current development of BDR is BDR 3.6.x., it works with PG 10+ .

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com