Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Recomended front ends?

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019, Stuart McGraw wrote:

I would be a little cautious about Django.

Specifically IIRC it insists that tables have a single-column primary
keys.

Stuart,

I looked seriously at Django and did not encounter that limitation. However,
I did learn that I'm not a web application developer nor do I want to be.
The applications I develop, primarily for my own business needs. use
SQLAlchemy and that allows multi-column primary keys. That's a necessity for
many-to-many tables (or SA classes).

I suspect that Django also allows multi-column primary keys but the syntax
might not be obvious.

Regards,

Rich