Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Issue: Creating Symlink for data directory of postgresql in CentOS7

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 5:12 AM Chatterjee, Shibayan
<shibayan.chatterjee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For sure there's all the necessary files in '/data/postgresql/data'. The startup process cannot read it, because of sym link.
> Executing init-db return the below message:

I suspect this could be a systemd problem. What if you try to manually
start the postgres instance?

pg_ctl -D /data/postgresql/data start

What happens then?

> Data directory is not empty!

This is of course to prevent you to destroy your system.
I would remove the link, create it to an empty directory and then
initdb such directory as if it is your new database. I imagine that
would start, in such case your data directory is wrong. Can you show
us the content of /data/postgresql/data?

Luca