Search Postgresql Archives

How to extract information from pg_ddl_command type

The function pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands() returns several columns, one of them being "command" that is of the type "pg_ddl_command".

The manual[1] describes this column as:

> A complete representation of the command, in internal format.
> This cannot be output directly, but it can be passed to other
> functions to obtain different pieces of information about the
> command.

However, I can not find any of those "other functions" to extract information from that column.

My goal is to get the complete SQL text that fired the event trigger - is that even possible through pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands()?

Thanks
Thomas

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/functions-event-triggers.html