Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Azure Database for PostgreSQL - how to add pgbouncer or similar?

On 6/29/19 8:33 AM, Alexander Farber wrote:
Thank you Adrian -

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 3:59 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 6/29/19 12:34 AM, Alexander Farber wrote:

    Not from within. Supported extensions:

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/postgresql/concepts-extensions

    Using search term 'azure postgresql connection pooler', a sample blog
    that shows another way:

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/postgresql/concepts-extensions

    Why not spin up a VM and install your own Postgres ?

I am just overwhelmed by the Azure, too many options there...

You are correct - I could easily create a Linux VM and install Postgres and pgbouncer there :-)

But how to create the "cloudliness" then? I.e. how to automatically launch additional VM instances automatically when the load is increasing? (and still keep the database "in sync")

Will need more information about what it is you are trying to achieve and what Azure options you are considering?

Regards
Alex

--
Adrian Klaver