Search Postgresql Archives

Re: arrays of composite types, and client drivers like JDBC

> On Jun 15, 2019, at 1:47 PM, Dave Cramer <pg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Basically because java would have to create a type dynamically to parse the data into.
> There's nothing inherently difficult about parsing the data, the problem is what do we put it into ?

(I accidentally replied off-list, so resending this.)

It could parse it to strings and convert only when I call `getInt`, `getTimestamp`, etc. But, like you said, I see that the parsing isn't that difficult, so I wrote something that seems to work. Probably that code should be in the library, not my application. If I test this out some more and it still seems to work, I’ll ask again about contributing to https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc.

Rob