Search Postgresql Archives

Re: psql: FATAL: the database system is starting up

On 6/1/19 5:21 PM, Tom K wrote:

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 7:34 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 6/1/19 4:22 PM, Tom K wrote:

> Looks like this crash was far more catastrophic then I thought. By the
     > looks of things, thinking on psql02 would be my best bet.

    The more I look at it the more I think the replication was not doing
    what you thought it was doing. That psql02 was the primary and that
    psql01 and psql03 where out of sync and/or defunct standbys.

Now that I look at the files myself, that's the conclusion I was coming to myself.  Sample config:

The below would be for someone that uses and understands Patroni. That would not be me:)

[root@psql02 base]# cat /etc/patroni.yml
scope: postgres
namespace: /db/
name: postgresql1

restapi:
     listen: 192.168.0.124:8008 <http://192.168.0.124:8008>
     connect_address: 192.168.0.124:8008 <http://192.168.0.124:8008>

Or perhaps when the system crashed, the filesystem check simply moved the folders out due to corruption.

That would leave the cluster in an inconsistent state and you would not have been able to start the one you got going.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx