Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_basebackup from 9.4-bdr to 9.4 results in corrupt index

On 5/25/19 11:46 AM, Jānis Pūris wrote:
Hi Ron,

I can not reproduce this error on BDR_Node_2 (it is not BDR_Node_1 as stated before. Typo)

I've been successful in transferring the data with pg_dump on BDR_Node_2 and then restoring it on Regular_Node_1. Then running "select * from information_schema.sequences;" all is OK.

So the issue is that a binary backup/restore via pg_basebackup fails but a logical backup/restore via pg_dump/pg_restore works, correct?

You might want to take a look here:

https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/bdr/issues/140

It might make sense to you, it does not to me. Looks to me something is being done on the binary level that makes this difficult. I guessing you are going to have to talk to the BDR folks.

The problem with this approach is that I'm required to have minimal downtime in this transition and we have a lot of data to transfer, which would be lengthy process.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards, Janis Puris