Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Loading table with indexed jsonb field is stalling

On 5/20/19 5:43 PM, Will Hartung wrote:
On May 20, 2019, at 2:55 PM, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And it pathologically loads even when there's just a PK on the numeric field?
Yea, that works fine.

Drop all indexes, load data, recreate indexes?
No, I use the incremental load as it gives a much better indication when the process has gone off the deep end.

That's fine for tracing errors in a test environment, but.

But pg_restore only creates indexes AFTER the data loads.
Yes. Demonstrating that it doesn’t work either incrementally or all at once.

(No, I have no confidence that the Aurora build will ever finish in any reasonable amount of time.)

I'm confused.  You wrote above that loading without indexes and with just the PK works just fine; if you really need it loaded in Aurora or production, just drop the indexes beforehand?