Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Loading table with indexed jsonb field is stalling

> On May 20, 2019, at 11:12 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hmm, so not a deadlock (plus you're running a version that has that
> bug fixed).  It sounds like you might have hit an actual bug, perhaps
> one that causes it to endlessly re-split an index page, or something
> along that line.  But it's going to be hard to find the cause without
> a test case.  I don't suppose you can anonymize your data to the
> point where you'd have a publishable test case?

That would take some time, thankfully it seems reproducible with a few million rows.

I’ve moved the files around a little bit (not aggressively) and it still stalled, so I don’t think it’s something specific to the data. But we’ll have to play with it and see.

Thanks.