Search Postgresql Archives

Re: is it possible to create partitioned tables using tables from different schemas

On 4/17/19 3:56 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Note that unless you regularly query for only-manually-inserted or
only-automatically-inserted data, this will be useless and will make
queries more expensive, with no upside.

Well the OP's use case is:

"I would like to store in that table manually generated information. Since those rows are inserted by hand, they will be lost when the table will be reimported."

This got me to thinking an INSERT trigger would work also.

Generally speaking, it's not a problem to put partitions in different
schemas.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx