Search Postgresql Archives

Re: text search configuration missing while migration from 8.3 to 9.4

On 4/16/19 1:55 PM, Julie Nishimura wrote:
Oh thank you for answering me!!!

Another thing:
source (8.3):

\dF
                     List of text search configurations
    Schema   |    Name    |                  Description
------------+------------+------------------------------------------------
  pg_catalog | danish     | configuration for danish language
  pg_catalog | dutch      | configuration for dutch language
  pg_catalog | english    | configuration for english language
  pg_catalog | finnish    | configuration for finnish language
  pg_catalog | french     | configuration for french language
  pg_catalog | german     | configuration for german language
  pg_catalog | hungarian  | configuration for hungarian language
  pg_catalog | italian    | configuration for italian language
  pg_catalog | norwegian  | configuration for norwegian language
  pg_catalog | portuguese | configuration for portuguese language
  pg_catalog | romanian   | configuration for romanian language
  pg_catalog | russian    | configuration for russian language
  pg_catalog | simple     | simple configuration
  pg_catalog | spanish    | configuration for spanish language
  pg_catalog | swedish    | configuration for swedish language
  pg_catalog | turkish    | configuration for turkish language
  public     | hw_english | Hitwise configuration for the English language
(17 rows)

The only thing I can find searching that might be relevant is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitwise

Does that ring any bells?

So, the last record "hw_english" does not show in the target.

This is the parameter in postgresql file, same on both locations.
# default configuration for text search
default_text_search_config = 'pg_catalog.english'

Unfortunately, I am not sure about tsearch2, it is new system that I inherited not too long ago. So, the production is still on 8.3, but dev/staging that was built recently, is on 9.4. The engineer who installed it said he used it from Puppet module for postgresql... He is not sure about tsearch2 module either. Do you know how can I find it? Or how can I install it? It seems like some gin indices are missing. I need to find out what is missing...

THANK YOU for your help

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx