Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Seeded Replication

On 4/3/19 4:44 AM, Lou Tseng wrote:
Hi,

We are working on a project to set up replication from on premises Postgresql 10.4 to Azure Postgresql services. However, our database is about 200G and it will take a long time to complete the initial data copy.  We would like to manually seed the subscriber database with data dump and then turn on the subscription like depesz showed in this post https://www.depesz.com/2017/02/07/waiting-for-postgresql-10-logical-replication/ ;. It works for the small testing database but when I applied same steps with entire database, I am getting "ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint" errors. Basically postgresql does not recognize the primary key.

Actually it does which why you get the error, which by the way is the same error depesz got in his demo:)

From your subsequent post:

CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ... WITH (enabled = false)

Did the above also have?:

copy_data = false

If not then you would copying over the data again and that would trigger the duplicate key error.

Any thought / suggestion is helpful!

Lou Tseng

ltseng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ltseng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://www.advancedpricing.com/>