Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [External] LIMIT not showing all results

Am 05.03.19 um 17:51 schrieb Vijaykumar Jain:
Thanks Tom.

I mean if the instance is a test instance,
probably analysis_name_date_key can be dropped and the query can be
run again so as to check if it still returns the correct rows.
or create an index in parallel with the same col as
analysis_name_date_key and check if the optimizer choses the right
and then come to conclusion of bad index.

Also is there an option where we can force a particular index to be used ?

no, but you can set enable_indexscan to off and maybe also enable_bitmapscan to off to force the planner to choose a seq-scan.
I'm sure in this case you will get a correct result.

the other thing is, it would be nice to to know why the index is corrupt.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com