Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Foreign table & Connection reset by peer

On 2/24/19 2:25 AM, Lukáš Sobotka wrote:
Thanks for quick answer. I am feeling a little embarrassed that I did not find this before... The thread definitely helped me to understand more.

When I execute query with foreign tables, the connection is created (according pg_stat_activity). The question is what I should do for ending the connection. I can get PID of connection and force to end it

Not sure. In the original thread the OP was calling conn.close() from inside a Python script and still seeing the message. The only way they could prevent it was to disable SSL. From what I gather this is down in the internals of the code and needs a patch to fix. Someone with more knowledge of this will need to comment further.

by pg_terminate_backend, but that is not "clean way".

Unfortunately I can not disable SSL encryption as it is mentioned in the thread. But it is interesting for me, that the log message (resetting by peer) is created only in encrypted connection, because in both way the connection stayed defined in pg_stat_activity after query on foreign table.