Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Statement-level trigger results in recursion

On 2/18/19 9:07 AM, Jitendra Loyal wrote:
I do understand that the statement level trigger will be executed once before the operation. My point is.. if one does not know the rows, what kind of use it can be put to. What is the use case? Like in after triggers, one gets the rows in transition tables, how does one do with vefore trigger.

Use FOR EACH ROW.

Why you cannot use a FOR EACH STATEMENT trigger is something I thought I remember being discussed on the list before. Unfortunately I cannot find that conversation at the moment. Someone else will need to weigh in on this.

Thanks and regards,
Jiten

--
Adrian Klaver