Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Odd messages on reloading DB table

On 2/7/19 3:24 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
On Thursday, February 7, 2019, Steve Wampler <swampler@xxxxxxx <mailto:swampler@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

        (1) the table already exist and the immediately doesn't exist?
        (2) report ERROR on UPDATE when there are no UPDATES in the input file

Most likely the first attempt was schema qualified and so found the existing targets table while the second attempt was not schema qualified and targets is not in the search path.

One guess I have is that triggers are involved here and those triggers need to be more resiliant in face of the recent search_path security update.

Thanks - but I thought the search_path update was a PG 10 change and so shouldn't reflect on 9.5.15 behavior.  Did it
get back-ported?

In any event I'm surprised that pg_dump for 9.5.15 can produce a dump that can't be restored by either pg_restore
(when -Fc is used on both ends) or with psql (without -Fc used on pg_dump).  I would have expected some message
from pg_dump if it ran into issues preventing this.

--
Steve Wampler -- swampler@xxxxxxx