Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Implementing pgaudit extension on Microsoft Windows

po 11. 2. 2019 v 15:37 odesílatel Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@xxxxxxxxx> napsal:

po 11. 2. 2019 v 14:23 odesílatel Niels Jespersen <NJN@xxxxxx> napsal:

Hello all

Recent Oracle convert here.

Running PostgreSQL 11 on Windows (10 and 2016).

Please advise, if I should direct this to another mailinglist or forum.

I want to implement detailed object auditing on PostgreSQL. This is what PGAudit extension does. However most advice on this is directed at Linux and friends, which is fair enough. >From Googleing around, it seems it should be possible to compile on Windows, though.

And it is. I have compiled pgaudit.dll from the source out of pgaudit version 1.3.

And this:

Copied pgaudit.dll to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\lib

Copied  pgaudit.control and pgaudit--1.3.sql to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\share\extension

Set shared_preload_libraries = 'pgaudit'

Restart PostgreSQL

Run “CREATE EXTENSION pgaudit;”

alter system set pgaudit.log = 'all';

select pg_reload_conf();

Nothing enters the log-file from pgaudit. Creating tables (relations, sorry). Selecting from tables, nothing in the log.

I can see that alter system set pgaudit.logx = 'all';  complains about “unrecognized configuration parameter”, so something is known about pgaudit.

I can see that postgres.exe has locked pgaudit.dll, so postgreSQL knows it is there, but nothing in the log-file.

I need some advice regarding the next steps in my troubleshooting.

probably you should to use

alter system set "pgaudit.log" = 'all';

but alter system set pgaudit.log = 'all'; should to work if pgaudit is loaded.

Regards

Pavel

Regards

Niels Jespersen