Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Connection issue

On 2/5/19 7:18 AM, Maximilian Tyrtania wrote:
Hi,

On 5. Feb 2019, at 15:57, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2/5/19 1:48 AM, Maximilian Tyrtania wrote:
For some reason I can't connect to my PG 10.6.1 Server (running on Ubuntu) from my Windows installation (run via Parallels on my Mac), no matter what app I use (tried psql, PGAdmin and my own app).

Has it ever connected?

Yes, it connected without issues last week.

Have you recently updated any of the involved software?

Well, sure, but after I saw I couldn't connect I downloaded the current version of PGAdmin and psql and couldn't connect with them either.

More below.

When trying to connect from PGAdmin 4 the server logs say:
2019-02-05 10:34:30.558 CET [31051] [unbekannt]@[unbekannt] LOG:  00000: Verbindung empfangen: Host=ip5b4054ce.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de Port=50262
2019-02-05 10:34:30.558 CET [31051] [unbekannt]@[unbekannt] ORT:  BackendInitialize, postmaster.c:4249
2019-02-05 10:34:30.648 CET [31051] [unbekannt]@[unbekannt] LOG:  08006: konnte Daten vom Client nicht empfangen: Connection reset by peer
2019-02-05 10:34:30.648 CET [31051] [unbekannt]@[unbekannt] ORT:  pq_recvbuf, pqcomm.c:978
("konnte Daten vom Client nicht empfangen" means "couldn't receive data from client")
PGAdmin says the usual " Unable to connect to server:..."
No issue connecting from the Mac.
I see in the logfile that other windows users did connect successfully from their windows boxes so I am ready to believe that maybe my Parallels somehow disconnects the connection quickly or something.
Another strange thing is that if I try to connect from my Xojo app (which uses libpq internally) it says:SSL error: unknown protocol. I had no issue connecting last week from that installation so I am at my wits end...

Where is the Xojo app running?

Is the pg_hba.conf on the server set up to allow connections from the client machines?

Yes. Also the errormessage wouldn't be "Connection reset by peer" if it was a pga_hba.conf issue, would it? And anyway, I can connect just fine from my Mac with the same credentials. I wonder if this is maybe some Parallels issue.

Well if you could connect from Parallels last week, you upgraded it and now you cannot connect then I would suspect it. This assumes that the Xojo app is also running in the Parallels instance. Given the SSL error you might see if they changed anything in that area.

Thanks,
Max

--
Adrian Klaver