Search Postgresql Archives

Re: problem

Check in your %temp% directory, there should be some bitrock* or bitrock_installer* file, these are setup logs and can point you to the problem.

If initdb failed, you can try running something like this

initdb -D "C:\My\Postgres\Setup\Path" --encoding=UTF8 --locale="Italian, Italy" -W –n

and see if you get some error

(if you are installing an old veresion (<9.3 IIRC) you can have to add -U postgres to have the user Postgres -- that's been removed in last versions -- to be the owner of data directory)

If you point us to the os/postgres versions we could try to be more accurate :-)

Cheers
Moreno.-