Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL logical replication depends on WAL segments?

On 1/22/19 5:18 AM, Josef Machytka wrote:
Hello, I already tried to ask on stackoverflow but so far without success.
(https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54292816/postgresql-logical-replication-depends-on-wal-segments)

Could someone help me please?

****

I am successfully using logical replication between 2 PG 11 cloud VMs for latest data. But I tried to publish also some older tables to transfer data between databases and got strange error about missing WAL segment.

These older partitions contain data 5-6 days old. I successfully published them on master and refreshed subscription on logical replica. But now I am getting these strange error messages on logical replica:

Which is confusing for me. I tried to find some info but did not find anything about logical replication depending on WAL segments.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/logical-replication-architecture.html

Thanks for help.

Josef Machytka

--