Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Can't quote_literal with COPY FROM PROGRAM

On 12/31/18 12:58 PM, Mark Mikulec wrote:
I changed it to be just the single float value I needed to extract out of the JSON object, but originally it was a text column that held the entire JSON object.

Might want to look at:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/datatype-json.html

Might handle the escaping better.

    https://pastebin.com/D4it8ybS)

    "https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/directions/json?etcVariablesDeleted";'

     > I use the COPY command to pull it into a temp table like so:
     >
     > COPY temp_maps_api from program 'C:\\Portable\\curl\\curl.exe -k

    "https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/directions/json?etcVariablesDeleted";';

    So temp_maps_api has a single JSON field?

     > However copy eats those backslashes. I need to use
    quote_literal() but

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx