Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Watching for view changes

On 12/20/18 3:17 AM, Mitar wrote:
Hi!

I am trying to see how I could use NOTIFY/LISTEN to watch changes of a
complicated SELECT query which spans multiple tables. Ideally, I would
like to leave to PostgreSQL to determine when some data (and which
data) in the result of the SELECT query has changed. So I am thinking
[snip]

There was a LONG thread on this list a few months ago about monitoring for DDL changes.  It should prove helpful (or cause you to despair).