Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to watch for schema changes

On 12/3/18 1:53 PM, Igor Korot wrote:
Hi, Adrian,

Why? Just create the trigger once in a script. Event triggers are an
attribute of the database and stay with it until they are dropped. If
you want to turn then on and off use the ALTER  EVENT TRIGGER
ENABLE/DISABLE. If you insist on recreating them on each connection then:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/sql-dropeventtrigger.html
DROP EVENT TRIGGER [ IF EXISTS ] name [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ]
CREATE EVENT TRIGGER ...

I was hoping to create a software which will be just "install-and-use".
No additional script running or database changes is required.

Out of curiosity more then anything else:

The database schema this is running against never changes?

The triggers cannot be included in the initial database setup?

But I will probably create it on every connection and delete on the
disconnect (see above).

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx