Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Query never completes with an OR condition

Greetings,

* Andrew Gierth (andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>  Kenneth> The individual queries run as expected, but when the OR
>  Kenneth> condition is added, it never finishes.
>
> http://blog.rhodiumtoad.org.uk/2017/01/22/performance-issues-with-ored-conditions/

There's been work to improve on this and which I know that I, at least,
would love to see make it into PostgreSQL:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/19/1001/

Would be great if someone could look at that and try to help determine
if it's possible to ensure that the results are entirely correct.

Thanks!

Stephen