Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Transition Tables doesn´t have OID

On 12/1/18 8:51 AM, PegoraroF10 wrote:
ok
then, help me to find alternatives to it.
As I sad, sometimes whe change our PK, so using OID would be a smart way to
have a join between old and new transition tables and we would like to use
transition tables because each statement is a lot faster than each row for
auditing purposes.

So, whats the alternative ? One trigger for each row just for changing PK
values (will occur few times) and another trigger for each statement to do
the logging ?

If you don't want to change the structure of your tables that would be seem to be the way to go. It will require some thought to make sure the 'for each row' and 'for each statement' don't interfere with each other.

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html

--
Adrian Klaver