Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Unused indexes

El sáb., 1 dic. 2018 a las 8:24, Ron (<ronljohnsonjr@xxxxxxxxx>) escribió:

> For indexes that existed before the cluster was last started, and for which
> REINDEX hasn't been run on them since the cluster was last started... is it
> valid to say that an index has not been used since the cluster was started
> if these three pg_stat_all_indexes fields all have a value of 0?
>
> idx_scan

Just this one, and that the index doesn't force a constraint (it's not
a unique index).

One other thing to keep in mind is that, if you have hot_standby
replicas, the index might be used there, and the primary doesn't have
information of index_scans on other nodes of the cluster.

Regards,

--
Martín Marqués
It’s not that I have something to hide,