Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018, Adrian Klaver wrote:

No:
" Each of the first four fields can be a literal value, or *, which matches anything. "

Adrian,

  Okay.

If the record starts with local then that is for socket connections.
If you are connecting to a host e.g -h localhost then you need to look at the host records.

  I'm connecting from the same host on which the server is installed. I've
always used 'psql <database_name>' and been connected. The new desktop's
pg_hba.conf is identical to the old desktop's pg_hba.conf, but only the new
one is now asking for a password. Permissions on both are the same.

Thanks,

Rich