Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Broken postgres links need to find callers

On 10/31/18 1:09 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018, Adrian Klaver wrote:

What does:
pg_ctl --version
show?

# pg_ctl --version
pg_ctl (PostgreSQL) 10.3

So when you added the new application did you make any other changes?

   I did not add another application; grass has been installed here for
decades. Because I could not connect to the postgres database for a spatial
project it was suggested that I expand the listen_addresses to include the
server name, too.

At this point you need to get back to two discreet Postgres installs 10.2 and 10.3.

    I did not have two distinct installations of postgres, only the 10.3
version. It was some of the directories labeled 10.2/ that seem to be the
issue.

Are there actually 10.2/ directories or is that just what you are seeing in the error messages and the pg_config output?

    When I run pg_config --configure this is the result:

Previously you used:

/usr/lib/postgresql/10.3/bin/pg_config

is that the same as below?:

# ./pg_config --configure

In other words what does:

./pg_config --version

show?

me. And why psql worked without issue from the upgrade date of March 1 to
today with this inconsistency also puzzles me.

Did the server been running continuously from the upgrade to the time you made the listen_addresses change?

   If it matters, there's no /etc/postgresql/ and none in the backups since
the beginning of August.

Regards,

Rich

--