Search Postgresql Archives

Re: FATAL: terminating connection because protocol synchronization was lost

On 10/16/18 8:36 AM, Shrikant Bhende wrote:
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your reply.
O/S is centos 6.7 on AWS EC2 ,
this is happening when system starts copying data for the biggest table, so just to reconfirm I have taken a pg_dump with Fp for that single table and tried to restore the same into PG cluster which was successful, and then again when I tried to restore the complete cluster dump taken using pg_dumpall it failed again.

Got to believe it is AWS timing out on retrieving from EBS to the EC2 image. You might want to ask AWS tech support about this.

Actual table size is around 2GB and toast table size is 288 GB which might have around 80 GB of dead rows.

The dead rows won't show up in the dump file. I would take a look at the single table dump to get an idea of the amount of plain text data you are working with.

Thanks

On Tue 16 Oct, 2018, 20:23 Adrian Klaver, <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 10/16/18 7:29 AM, Shrikant Bhende wrote:
     > Hi Adrian,
     >
     > Its a PostgreSQL binary and installer was downloaded from
    enterprisedb site.
     > Binary version : psql (PostgreSQL) 9.6.10
     >
     > Command to restore the dump is :
     > ./psql -p 5434 -d cloud -f <path of the file>

    Hmm.

    What OS is this?

    Does the error always happen in the same place in the restore?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx