Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres trigger side-effect is occurring out of order with row-level security select policy

On 9/30/18 1:13 PM, Carl Sverre wrote:
Thanks for the initial results. Can you check that you are not using super permissions and are enabling row security when running the test? Super ignores row security.

Yeah, big oops on my part, I was running as superuser. Running as non-superuser resulted in the failure you see. I tried to get around this with no success. My suspicion is that the new row in b is not visible to the returning(SELECT) query in a until after the transaction completes. Someone with more knowledge on this then I will have to confirm/deny my suspicion.

Also yes, I forgot to add the policy names, sorry about that.