Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgAdmin v4: The application server could not be contacted.

On 9/24/18 2:24 AM, Richard Nielsen wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to PostgresSQL and to this list! I have installed version 10 64-bit (on Windows 7) I also used stackbuilder to install the ODBC drivers. The SQL shell allows me to logon to the server as postgres but when starting pgAdmin I get: The application  server could not be contacted. This a fatal error of course..... Any hint, tips or "Oh man you should have...." etc will be greatly appreciated.

From the mention of Stackbuilder I am going to assume you have installed using the EDB installer. pgAdmin4 runs as a client/server app where the server is a HTTP server that runs the application you then connect to with a browser. From your error message it looks like the server is either not running or it is running and the client(browser) cannot find it. Not sure how this is setup on Windows. My suggestion would to ask here:

https://postgresrocks.enterprisedb.com/t5/EDB-Postgres/bd-p/EDBPostgres

/Richard

--