Search Postgresql Archives

Re: *Regarding brin_index on required column of the table

> On 21 Sep 2018, at 17:49, Durgamahesh Manne <maheshpostgres9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> <Query>

Considering how hard you try to get rid of duplicates, I'm quite convinced that you're at least short a few join conditions. Getting rid of duplicates early has the added benefit of having to aggregate fewer rows, which should drastically improve the performance of this query.

In addition, your approach of using both distinct and group by raises a red flag that you're fighting symptoms (most likely: duplicate results) without understanding their causes. I can't think of a single situation where both are justified in the same (sub-)query.

Alban Hertroys