Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PG9.1 migration to PG9.6, dump/restore issues

On 9/12/18 11:28 AM, Scot Kreienkamp wrote:

Scot Kreienkamp |Senior Systems Engineer | La-Z-Boy Corporate
One La-Z-Boy Drive| Monroe, Michigan 48162 |  Office: 734-384-6403 |  |  Mobile: 7349151444 | Email: Scot.Kreienkamp@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:40 AM
To: Scot Kreienkamp <Scot.Kreienkamp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: PG9.1 migration to PG9.6, dump/restore issues

Scot Kreienkamp <Scot.Kreienkamp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Restore completes successfully, but I noticed that the schema
permissions are missing, possibly others as well (Is this a known
issue?).

If you're talking about custom modifications you made to the permissions
of the "public" schema in particular, then yeah, that won't be tracked
(IIRC, it will be with newer source server versions, but not 9.1).
Otherwise, no, that's not expected.  Would you provide more detail?

Yes, it's permissions on the public schema.  They were completely empty.  I didn't check the other schemas as the very first thing I noticed was the permissions changed on the public schema, but I believe they were empty as well.

In the 9.1 instance, using psql, what does:

\dn+ public

show.

Repeat for other schemas.

--