Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_basebackup + SSL error: bad length

On 08/28/2018 01:58 AM, Csaba Ragasits wrote:
Hello,

Only one copy is from the pg_basebackup on the machines.

I have only a tablespace only a different location:
/srv/pgdata/tbs_int303

I think I solved the problem:

When I delete manually the /srv/pgdata/tbs_int303 folder, the pg_basebackup is running fine.

Was this tablespace active?

Went back to your original post and realized I skipped over this:

"pg_basebackup: directory "/srv/pgdata/tbs_int302" exists but is not empty
pg_basebackup: removing data directory "./main":

Is /srv/pgdata/tbs_int302 a tablespace also?

Found this:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/app-pgbasebackup.html

"Tablespaces will in plain format by default be backed up to the same path they have on the server, unless the option --tablespace-mapping is used. Without this option, running a plain format base backup on the same host as the server will not work if tablespaces are in use, because the backup would have to be written to the same directory locations as the original tablespaces."

Looks like you need to use:

-T olddir=newdir
--tablespace-mapping=olddir=newdir

Thank you for your help,
Csaba

    On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 04:40:34PM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
    > Is there more then one copy of pg_basebackup on the machines?

    Or this user has created a tablespace directly in the main data folder,
    which can cause pg_basebackup to fail because of recursion issues.  It
    is no wonder that a WARNING is created during a CREATE TABLESPACE if you
    do that.
    --
    Michael

--