Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Replication failure, slave requesting old segments

Adrian Klaver wrote:
"If you set up a WAL archive that's accessible from the standby, these solutions are not required, since the standby can always use the archive to catch up provided it retains enough segments. *This is dependent on verification that the archiving is working properly. A belt and suspenders approach would be to set wal_keep_segments to a value > 0 in the event archiving is not properly functioning*"
"

Adrian, I believe that the suggestion that my issue was the result of
my archiving process not working is not correct.

The quote above does not address the requirement for wal_keep_segments
to be >= 1 even when archiving is functioning correctly.

I will continue to monitor this thread in the hope that others will
confirm my understanding, but otherwise I will bow out now (and file a
bug).

Thanks to all.

Phil.