Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Query: Migrating from SQLServer to Postgresql

Hi

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 1:37 PM Darnie Graceline <darniegrace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
Iam looking into a process of migrating from SQLServer to Postgresql, and I see that DBMigration is one of the tools you have offered, however when analysed DBMigration does not support migrating all components under free version.

1.Could you help suggest a free tool that we can use to migrate all the components from SQLServer DB to Postgresql.

Not having experience on actual migration but below links may help you:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Converting_from_other_Databases_to_PostgreSQL
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Microsoft_SQL_Server_to_PostgreSQL_Migration_by_Ian_Harding

https://github.com/dalibo/sqlserver2pgsql
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mssql2pgsql/
https://www.devbridge.com/articles/migrating-from-mssql-to-postgresql/#

http://www.sqlines.com/sql-server-to-postgresql-tool
https://dbconvert.com/mssql/postgresql/

Search for migration tool at : https://www.postgresql.org/download/products/1/

2. Also could you suggest the best suitable driver while communicating from .Net to Postgresql.

For .Net connection PostgreSQL used npgsql drivers.
https://github.com/npgsql/npg

Thanks & Regards,
Darnie.

--