Search Postgresql Archives

Re: User documentation vs Official Docs

On 07/16/2018 04:33 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

First, my assumption is that this project would be done within the .Org infrastructure and if the community thinks that we should just use DocBook that is certainly an option (although adhering to something like Docbook Simple may be best).

All the above is cool and everything, but is putting the cart before the horse. To me to make this work the following needs to happen:

1) Create an editorial board. This group of people would determine the answers to the questions above. They would also develop the framework for what needs covered. This would be based on what users want to see. Then a call for contributors could be made.

2) The other thing the editorial board would do is create list of qualified peer reviewers. These folks would then review the contributions and give feedback. On successfully passing a review a contribution would go into the documentation.

3) Some combination of the editorial board/peer reviewers/other volunteers would periodically go over existing documentation to remove/update stale content.

I did it! Want to help? I think if we got together 5-7 people and came up with a proposal we could submit to -www/-core and get some buy in.

JD

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****